SentriLock is GKAR's official lockbox provider, however GKAR Members are able to utilize the Supra eKey app to access lockboxes outside of the GKAR service area.
You can access Supra lockboxes, key free, in three easy steps:
- Download the Supra eKey app on your smartphone.
- Contact the listing agent to provide you with One-Time Only a
ccess (an email or text message will be sent to you confirming this access with a link to create an account).
- Create your account by following the Non-Member Instructions.
If you're interested in leasing a Supra Key, they are available through the Southwest Michigan Association of REALTORS®. Email for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get Lockboxes and what is the cost?Lockboxes are available from your broker. Ask your broker what their office policy and procedure is for obtaining lockboxes. GKAR does not charge a per lockbox fee, the lockboxes are included in your REALTOR® dues and fees.
2. What if I lose or damage my SentriCard®?
In the event of a lost SentriCard®, the key-holder will be required to pay $13.00 for a new SentriCard®. Replacement cards will be offered at no charge for a damaged SentriCard® that can still be offered to GKAR staff as proof of possession. Amounts are subject to adjustment at the discretion of the GKAR Board of Directors when necessary. Cards that need to be replaced due to product defect can be exchanged at no charge.
3. Can I use a mechanical lockbox on my listings?
Check with your broker to see what your office policy is. GKAR does not require a SentriLock lockbox to be placed on every listed property, however using a mechanical lockbox versus a secure electronic lockbox does increase your liability.
4. When will I get my SentriCard®?
Once you complete the lockbox portion of New Member Orientation and submit a signed SentriCard® Agreement, GKAR staff can create a SentriCard® for you.
5. How much does a SentriCard® cost?
Your first SentriCard® is provided at no cost. If you break your SentriCard® or it becomes worn out from extensive use, bring it into GKAR for a free replacement. If you lose your SentriCard®, there is a $13 fee charged for the replacement card.
6. Is there a SentriLock app I can use?SentriKey is an app available as a free Member Benefit. Once you have a SentriCard® issued in your name you may download and use the SentriKey App to generate an access code to show properties you have received permission from the listing agent to show. Always following the Showing Instructions found on every listing in flexmls.
7. How often do I need to renew my SentriCard® to keep it working?
A SentriCard® expires every day. During the renewal process the reader is taking all of the showing information from the chip of the card and updating the SentriLock website, and the listing agent, which lockboxes you’ve accessed for showings. The reader is also checking to make sure you are still a GKAR Member in good standing so the SentriCard® can continue working.
8. Do I need to buy a SentriCard® reader?
Each Broker was supplied with a SentriCard® reader for their office and some offices have purchased additional readers that are located at workstations throughout their office. GKAR also has several readers that can be used to renew a SentriCard® at a member’s request. If you do not predominantly use the SentriKey App and it is not convenient to renew your card at your Broker’s office or GKAR, SentriCard® readers can be purchased at GKAR.
9. What do I do if I have problems with a lockbox?Anytime an error light is illuminated on a lockbox or it is non-responsive, contact SentriLock Support at the number located on the back of your SentriCard® or use the SentriKey Smart App to tap the Support icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
10. If I'm not a Member of GKAR, can I rent a SentriCard® to access properties?
Non-GKAR Members (who are Members of MichRIC®) may lease GKAR SentriCards® for a fee. To inquire about this service, please contact Samantha Bartlett.
11. Does GKAR have Supra Keys available for agents to show properties outside of the GKAR service area?SentriLock is the official lockbox vendor of GKAR; we recommend GKAR Members utilize the Supra ekey app to show properties outside of the GKAR service area.
12. What is SentriConnect®?
SentriConnect® is a mobile app that allows the user to temporarily access a listing agent's lockbox. The user must be granted SentriConnect® access by the listing agent. SentriConnect® accesses to a lockbox are displayed in the listing agent's access log. This allows secure tracking of lockbox activity. The app now takes the place of the Contractor Codes, which are no longer available.